When it comes to attracting local traffic, the significance of a well-optimized local landing page, AKA a “geo page” can’t be overstated. An effective local landing page does more than just tell people where you are; it offers a comprehensive overview of your business, products, and services, all while leveraging local SEO techniques to make your page more discoverable in local SERPs.
Our agency works with local business owners and national chains, alike to ensure that this essential component of local SEO is part ot their strategy. Local landing pages are essential to multilocation local SEO, so lets break down each component that is necessary to create a great local landing page thank ranks in SERP.
1. Accurate and Consistent Google Business Profiles
This means optimizing your profile with accurate NAP data.
What is NAP data? NAP stands for Name, Address, and Phone number. Ensuring that this basic information is accurate and consistent across all online platforms is a cornerstone of Local SEO. According to Moz’s Local Search Ranking Factors, Google Business Profile optimizations are one of the top local pack/finder ranking factors.
- Consistent NAP information across platforms enhances your credibility and improves local search ranking.
2. High-Quality, Geo-Tagged Images
Images can make or break the user’s first impression of your location page. High-quality, geo-tagged images not only enhance user experience but also provide additional location-specific metadata that can help in local search ranking. Google My Business Insights report has shown that listings with photos get 42% more requests for driving directions and 35% more clicks to their websites.
- Geo-tagged images boost user engagement and help improve local search ranking.
3. Local Keywords
Incorporating local keywords into your content, meta descriptions, and titles can make your page more relevant to local search queries. According to a study by ReviewTrackers, 35% of all search traffic is local, and more than 90% of consumers have used search to find local information.
- Local keywords are essential for appearing in local search results and driving more organic traffic.
4. Customer Reviews and Testimonials
Having a dedicated section for customer reviews and testimonials provides social proof, which is instrumental in influencing customer decisions. BrightLocal’s 2020 Local Consumer Review Survey states that 82% of consumers read online reviews for local businesses.
- Customer reviews boost credibility and contribute to local search ranking.
5. Detailed Business Description and Services
Providing a detailed description of your business and the services you offer is crucial for both SEO and user experience. Make sure to use natural language and include local keywords where appropriate.
- A well-written business description helps in providing a thorough understanding of your local business, thereby improving both SEO and user satisfaction.
6. CTA (Call-to-Action) Buttons
Well-placed CTA buttons like “Call Now,” “Get Directions,” or “Book Now” can guide users in taking the next steps, thereby increasing conversion rates.
- Effective CTAs guide user action, improving both user experience and conversion rates.
7. Local Schema Markup
Implementing local schema markup can provide search engines with structured information about your business, making it easier for them to understand and present your business in relevant local searches.
- Local schema markup aids in better search engine understanding, potentially boosting your local SERP ranking.
Keeping This in Perspective
Creating an effective local landing page (geo page) is not just about listing your business details. It involves an intricate blend of SEO techniques, user-focused content, and trust-building elements. By incorporating the components discussed above, you’re setting the stage for better visibility, increased user engagement, and ultimately, more conversions.
With the ever-growing importance of local search, neglecting any of these crucial elements could mean missing out on potential business opportunities. Make sure your geo page is fully optimized to reap the maximum benefits.
Schedule a Free Consultation
Is your business struggling to create local landing pages that rank in search results for your target keywords? We can help! Reach out to our team to schedule a free initial consulation. Our team will be able to provide forcasts for improvement, along with pricing of our services.